Friday 17 August 2012

OMG: 25 Years!

I can't quite believe this but as of today I have been working in the animation industry for 25 years. It's been not so much a career than a series of (mostly happy) accidents... but I'm pleased to be here still, grasping a pencil in my hand, and doing what I've always wanted to do.

The 17th August 1987 marks the day James Baxter and I started out as inbetweeners on Who Framed Roger Rabbit. James's subsequent career will hardly need any introduction to all you animators reading this... Within a few weeks we were joined by other escapees from our college, including Mick Harper (now a visual effects artist with Double Negative) and David Bowers (ex-animator, and now director, whose latest movie Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days is on release right now). A fantastic bunch of people to have met up with a quarter of a century ago, and still great friends of mine.



Cheers to you guys, and cheers to all you reading this. POP!!



No comments:

Post a Comment