Friday 14 September 2012

Attack of the Giant Dragonfly

I am currently in the middle of the Grand-Sort-Out-Of-Old-Artwork from The Last Belle (more of which in some forthcoming posts), but in the meantime I have been doing my best to avoid starting such a humongous task by catching up with old friends...

Me with maestro animators/directors Geoff Dunbar and Oscar Grillo

I mention this only because of the surreal moment I set up this group photo only to be interrupted by the sound of a small helicopter bashing against the skylight above us...

Photographus interruptus - Oscar Grillo, Geoff Dunbar, Peter Lord and
illustrator David Melling looking slightly alarmed...

It turned out to be a HUGE dragonfly, beautifully coloured, repeatedly head-butting itself against the glass in an apparent suicide bid. We sat transfixed for several minutes, before it gave up and left. It's a strange world.

OK, back to The Last Belle shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment